soza
Гость

Artist.........: Frank Sinatra and Antonio Carlos Jobim
Album..........: Francis Albert Sinatra & Antonio Carlos Jobim
Year...........: 1967
Genre..........: Brazilian Jazz/Traditional Pop/Bossa Nova/Vocal Jazz
Bitrate........: 192 kbps
Size...........: 40 Mb

By 1967, bossa nova had become quite popular within jazz and traditional pop audiences, yet Frank Sinatra hadn't attempted any Brazil-influenced material. Sinatra decided to record a full-fledged bossa nova album with the genre's leading composer, Antonio Carlos Jobim. Arranged by Claus Ogerman and featuring Jobim on guitar and backing vocals, Francis Albert Sinatra & Antonio Carlos Jobim concentrated on Jobim's originals, adding three American classics -- "Baubles, Bangles and Beads," "Change Partners," and "I Concentrate on You" -- that were rearranged to suit bossa nova conventions. The result was a subdued, quiet album that used the Latin rhythms as a foundation, not as a focal point. Supported by a relaxed, sympathetic arrangement of muted brass, simmering percussion, soft strings, and Jobim's lilting guitar, Sinatra turns in an especially noteworthy performance; he has never sounded so subtle, underplaying every line he delivers and showcasing vocal techniques that he never had displayed before. Francis Albert Sinatra & Antonio Carlos Jobim doesn't reveal its pleasures immediately; the album is too textured and understated to be fully appreciated within one listen. After a few plays, the album begins to slowly work its way underneath a listener's skin, and it emerges as one of his most rewarding albums of the '60s. /Stephen Thomas Erlewine - music.com/

Personnel: Frank Sinatra--vocals; Antonio Carlos Jobim--vocals, guitar; Claus Ogerman--arranger/conductor; orchestra is not identified but includes Don Payne (bass), Dom Um Romao (drums), Jimmy Cleveland (trombone), Billy May (trumpet), Al Viola (guitar).

Tracklist......:
1- The girl from Ipanema (Garota de Ipanema)
Antonio Carlos Jobim / Vinicius de Moraes / Norman Gimbel
2- Dindi
Antonio Carlos Jobim / Aloysio de Oliveira / Ray Gilbert
3- Change Partners
Irving Berlin
4- Quiet nights of quiet stars (Corcovado)
Antonio Carlos Jobim / Gene Lees
5- Meditation (Meditacao)
Antonio Carlos Jobim / Newton Mendonca / Norman Gimbel
6- If you never come to me
Antonio Carlos Jobim / Aloysio de Oliveira / Ray Gilbert
7- How insensitive
Antonio Carlos Jobim / Vinicius de Moraes / Norman Gimbel
8- I concentrate on you
Cole Porter
9- Baubles, bangles and beads
Wright / Forrest
10- Once I loved (O amor em paz)
Antonio Carlos Jobim / Vinicius de Moraes / Ray Gilbert

Скрытый текст (вы должны зарегистрироваться или войти под своим логином):
У вас нет прав чтобы видеть скрытый текст, содержащийся здесь.

Ответить

Page generated in 0.01606 seconds with 11 queries