Тема: C.W. Stoneking /Blues, Acoustic, Jazz/
22.09.2007, 12:13   # 1
Adolf Wolf
повелитель мыслей
Статус: Offline

He plays guitar like a demon, wears natty threads, sings catchy tunes and mutters to himself. The idiosyncratic C.W. STONEKING is a true entertainer who relies on musicianship stagecraft and performance to invoke the spirit of the 1920's Deep South blues in his original hokum style.
C.W. Stoneking presents here his latest release 'KING HOKUM' produced by J. Walker (Machine Translations), it contains 11 of C.W.'s original numbers.

Set in an imaginary old-time Southern town populated with singing dodo birds, sinister handymen, brokenhearted street singers and old testament field hollerers, the album also features C.W.'s backing band the Primitive Horn Orchestra on a number of tunes helping to complete the 1920's southern gothic blues sound.

Born in the USA then moved to Australia at the age of 5 to live in the Outbacks with the Aboriginals, Growed up and as a Teenager Found a Guitar and Played the Blues on the Streets in Melbourne, joined some Blues Cover Bands until he found he’s own Blues.

The Blues that C.W. Stoneking plays is is based in the 1920 and 30’s with instruments such as the steel Guitar, Clarinette, Jug Trombone and and and.. instruments that don’t makes it to new recordings these days…

C.W. Stoneking - King Hokum
---------------------------
Artist...: C.W. Stoneking
Album....: King Hokum
Genre....: Blues / Acoustic / Jazz
Date.....: 2006
Lable....: Voodoo Rhythm

Source.........: CD
Bitrate........: VBR 320 kb/s
Sample rate....: 44100 Hz
Bit resolution.: 16 bit stereo
Size...........: 52.94 Mb

Comment........: "This sounds as if someone set up a microphone in a back room around 1927 and recorded direct to wax the songs of an itinerant blues man who does amusing party pieces with friends as well as mournful turns, who does New Orleans swing and plantation work songs, who plays his guitar and banjo as if they are as natural a part of him as his hooch-roughened vocal cords...a darn fine album."
Bernard Zuel, Sydney Morning Herald, Album Review

"Like a hellfire old-timer from down Mississippi way."
Katrina Lobley, Sydney Morning Herald.

"Every song on this album would have been top 10 seventy year ago....the most incomparably original album of 2006. There will not be a similar album in the record store this Christmas. King Hokum is the first 10/10 rating I've ever given."
thedwarf.com.au, Album Review.

"He's a national treasure, this guy's straight out of the dust bowl of the 1930s. I'm just amazed that he exists because I never thought I'd see anything like it."
J. Walker (Machine Traslations), recording engineer/co-producer of 'King Hokum'

"Four stars"
Rolling Stone

Cover..........:

Tracklist:
---------------------------------------------
01. Way Out In The World .............(03:12)
02. Don't Go Dandin Down The Darkt ...(03:39)
03. She's A Bread Baker ..............(03:17)
04. Dodo Blues .......................(03:50)
05. On A Christmas Day ...............(02:46)
06. Charley Bostocks Blues ...........(03:34)
07. Goin The Country .................(03:04)
08. Bad Luck Everywhere You Go .......(04:22)
09. Rich Man's Blues .................(03:01)
10. You Took My Thing And Put It I ...(02:51)
11. Handyman Blues ...................(03:25)
---------------------------------------------
Total playtime: ......................(37:01)

Сканы выложу позже.

Links..........:
Скрытый текст (вы должны войти под своим логином или зарегистрироваться и иметь 100 сообщение(ий)):
У вас нет прав чтобы видеть скрытый текст, содержащийся здесь.

Ответить

Page generated in 0.01664 seconds with 11 queries