живет на форуме
Статус: Offline

Польза: +2

Bobby Helms - Fraulein - The Classic Years

Bear Family BCD 15594 1992

170 MB
160 kbp/s
covers

Though his name is unfamiliar to most, Bobby Helms rules the airwaves every year around December 25th. His single "Jingle Bell Rock" first became a hit in 1957, and it reappeared on the charts four of the following five years to become an all-time Christmas classic. Before he was pigeonholed, though, Helms had a successful country career with two number one hits to his credit.

Born on August 15, 1933, in Bloomington, IN, Helms first performed on his father Fred's Monroe County Jamboree, singing while brother Freddie played guitar. The Helms Brothers, as they were billed, became a regional attraction. Bobby later cut a single called "Tennessee Rock and Roll," but then returned to Bloomington to appear on the Hayloft Frolic television show. While on the program, he was encouraged to go to Nashville to sing background vocals on an Ernest Tubb session. Tubb recommended him to Decca Records, and the label signed him in 1956. His debut single, "Fraulein," initially flopped in January 1957 but then hit number one on the country chart in April. (The song also hit the pop Top 40 in July of 1957.) In October, Helms released another number one, "My Special Angel," which stayed four weeks at the top and crossed over to number seven pop.

Helms' next recording was "Jingle Bell Rock"; though Decca released it only two days before Christmas 1957, the single still peaked at number six on the pop chart. Two 1958 singles -- "Just a Little Lonesome" and "Jacqueline" -- hit the country Top Ten but flopped elsewhere, though a reissue of "Jingle Bell Rock" made the pop Top 40. The country single "Lonely River Rhine" hit the Top 20 in 1960, but subsequent new material from Helms had little success. (Decca reissued his Christmas hit each year from 1960 to 1962 with diminishing returns.)

Helms toured throughout the '60s and recorded two albums for Kapp in 1966, I'm the Man and Sorry My Name Isn't Fred -- a nod either to brother Freddie or father Fred. Two years later, he released All New Just for You on the Little Darlin' label. Several singles placed modestly on the country charts during 1967-1968, including "He Thought He'd Die Laughing" and "So Long." The 1970 Certron single "Mary Goes 'Round" was his last hit, but Helms recorded Pop-a-Billy for MCA as late as 1983.

Even in 1996, Jingle Bell Rock got back into the charts, almost 40 years after it was recorded. It's here along with all of Bobby's Decca recordings from 1956 to 1962 and his rare Speed singles. There's Fraulein and My Special Angel, of course, but rock 'n' roll fans need to hear Tennessee Rock 'n' Roll, Long Gone Daddy, Schoolboy Crush, and I Don't Owe You Nothin'. In total 62 tracks, and sadly the only tribute currently available to a trendsetting and popular artist.

Tracks:

Disc 1

1. Tennessee Rock 'n' Roll
2. I Need To Know How
3. I Don't Owe You Nothing
4. Sowin' Teardrops
5. (Got A) Heartsick Feeling
6. Far Away Heart
7. Just A Little Lonesome (1)
8. (Now And Then) There's A Fool Such As I
9. I'm Leaving Now (Long Gone Daddy)
10. Tonight's The Night
11. Jingle Bell Rock
12. Captain Santa Claus
13. No Other Baby
14. Standing At The End Of My World
15. My Shoes Keep Walking Back To You
16. New River Train
17. A Hundred Hearts
18. Hurry Baby
19. Sad Eyed Baby
20. Someone Was Already There
21. To My Sorrow
22. Lonely River Rhine (2)
23. Then Came You
24. Just Between Old Sweethearts
25. I Can't Take It Like You Can
26. My Greatest Weakness
27. Yesterday's Champagne (1)
28. Yesterday's Lovin'
29. Hangin' Around
30. Freedom Lovin' Guy
31. I've Never Seen Anyone

Disc 2

1. Fraulein
2. Most Of The Time
3. My Special Angel
4. Just A Little Lonesome (2)
5. The Magic Song
6. Sugar Moon
7. Schoolboy Crush
8. If I Only Knew
9. Love My Lady
10. Plaything
11. Jacqueline
12. Living In The Shadows Of The Past
13. Forget About Him
14. I Guess I'll Miss The Prom
15. Miss Memory
16. Soon It Can Be Told
17. The Fool And The Angel
18. Someone For Everyone
19. Yesterday's Champagne (2)
20. Lonely River Rhine (1)
21. How Can You Divide A Little Child
22. Borrowed Dreams
23. You're The One
24. I Want To Be With You
25. You're No Longer Mine
26. My Lucky Day
27. Let Me Be The One
28. Guess We Thought The World Would End
29. Teach Me
30. One Deep Love
31. Once In A Lifetime

http://rapidshare.com/files/227438150/BoHe.part1.rar

http://rapidshare.com/files/227438151/BoHe.part2.rar

enjoy, even though it's not Christmas yet !
Наверх
Отметили: MAQ, Radiate13
Ответ