19 One Night
20 Itchy
21 Thunderbird
22 Little Town Baby
23 A Kiss Goodnight
24 Sadie's Back In Town

128 bitrate

51 mb

Скрытый текст (вы должны войти под своим логином или зарегистрироваться и иметь 50 сообщение(ий)):
У вас нет прав чтобы видеть скрытый текст, содержащийся здесь.
Наверх
Отметили: MAQ, madcat50
04.05.2009, 17:21   # 2
Roger11
живет на форуме
Статус: Offline

Польза: +3

Sonny Burgess - The Arkansas Wild Man

Release Date: Oct 17, 1995

Label: Charly Records (UK)

Original Sun Recordings with the Pacers

320 kbp/s & covers
140 MB

While most of the rockabilly cats who recorded for Sun Records in its heyday seemed to believe in the idea that less is more, fronting bands that rarely had more than four pieces, Sonny Burgess had different ideas -- his group the Pacers was a full-bodied affair, featuring two guitars, bass, drum, piano and a trumpet, giving his best recordings a broad and full-bodied sound that sets his work apart from his peers. Burgess also was willing to sway back and forth between his country and R&B influences, making his boogie-fied sound harder to pigeonhole than most of the lesser-known rockers who emerged in the South during the 1950s. Arkansas Wild Man collects 25 tunes recorded during Burgess' 1956-1960 tenure with Sun, most of which didn't see release until many years after they were recorded. While Burgess is in appropriately loose and lively form throughout this set, some of these cuts were outtakes for a very good reason, especially the oddball "Mama Loochie" and the oddly generic "My Little Town Baby." But the best stuff here more than lives up to Burgess' frantic legend, especially his near-hits "We Wanna Boogie" and "Red Headed Woman," the rollicking "Ain't Got a Thing," the sassy strut of "Daddy Blues," and the crazed "Sadie's Back in Town" (complete with Donald Duck impersonations!). The Very Best of Sonny Burgess: We Wanna Boogie is still the best single Burgess collection available, but this disc runs a close second, and offers a fine overview of his roaring days in the '50s (as well as the disappointing truth about his red hair).

Tracks:

Ain't Got A Thing
All My Sins Are Taken Away
Daddy Blues
Fannie Brown
Find My Baby For Me - Alternate Version
Gone
Mama Loochie
Mr. Blues
My Babe
My Little Town Baby
Oh! Mama
One Broken Heart
One Night
Please Listen To Me
Red Headed Woman
Restless
Sadie's Back In Town
Skinny Ginny
So Glad You're Mine - Alternate Version (Take 1)
Sweet Misery
The Prisoner's Song
Tomorrow Night
Truckin' Down The Avenue
We Wanna Boogie
What'cha Gonna Do

http://rapidshare.com/files/229031527/SB-TAWM.part1.rar

http://rapidshare.com/files/229031530/SB-TAWM.part2.rar

enjoy
Наверх
Отметили: Radiate13, madcat50, MAQ
22.05.2009, 23:03   # 3
Roger11
живет на форуме
Статус: Offline

Польза: +2

Sonny Burgess - Hittin' That Jug!

It's too bad oldies radio sucks so horribly, because there's a rich tapestry of untamed early rock and roll going unheard by all but a few. Rockabilly seems to make a big splash in popular music about once a decade with increasingly cartoonish affectations (Stray Cats, Chris Isaak, Rev. Horton Heat). But with the exception of regional pockets of enthusiasts (epitomized locally by outfits like the Cranktones), the real deal gets relegated to "roots" festivals and folk-purist academe -- maybe because at its best, it's still just too hog-spankin' wild for mass consumption. Yeah, the Sun Records catalogue has been repackaged more times than rat meat in a Chicago bologna factory. But that's a testament to how the fusion of hot-blooded R&B and booze-headed hillbilly skronk still resonates every time rock and roll gets crazy and dangerous on three twangy chords and a jug of whatever's handy. Albert "Sonny" Burgess, one of the boogie-fueled white kids who sought out Sun in rockabilly's post-Elvis heyday, is living proof. At the ripe old age of 65, Burgess is about to release a new solo disc, Sonny Burgess (Rounder), and it's a scorcher -- a rocket from the roots-rock crypt with much of the same caustic kick of the wax he cut 40 years ago.

On the new album's "Big Black Cadillac," the pulpy, bloody-murder howl that infused his '56-'57 rockabilly classics "Red-Headed Woman," "We Wanna Boogie," and "Ain't Got a Thing" (recently collected on AVI's Hittin' That Jug: The Best of Sonny Burgess) rears up anew, huffing and leering like an atomic-powered, fin-tailed street demon that's just blown the doors off every hot rod on the strip. It's the same approach Burgess honed in his hometown of Newport, Arkansas, where his band the Moonlighters did some gigs with Elvis Presley in 1955. The next year, the Moonlighters added a blast of raunchy trumpet and a second guitarist, changed their name to the Pacers, and persuaded Sun honcho Sam Phillips to put out "Red Headed Woman" b/w "We Wanna Boogie" as their first single. Although less visible than the King and the Killer and Carl Perkins, Burgess was rockabilly's real wild child -- hootin' and hollerin' and flat-out screaming, pouncing off the stage in mid performance with the Pacers to lead the audience in Indian war dances and human pyramid-building, then jumping back on the bandstand and tearing up the fretboard. Which makes him a hero if you're into any kind of wild-ass rock and roll.

Producer Garry Tallent (former bassist for the E Street Band; he also contributes rhythm guitar) has assembled a crack squad of session musicians and songwriters, making this new album a worthy companion to the one Burgess released with the Sun Rhythm Section (on Flying Fish), the festival-touring band of Memphis rawk veterans. The new ensemble -- steeped in a close approximation of Sun-style slapback echo -- is anchored by Tallent's ragged strumming and John Gardner's sparse but crisp skin-beating, with Roy Huskey's muscular upright-bass slaps and Burgess's stinging, laser-precise leads providing crucial propulsion. Burgess's cousin Larry Cheshire, a former Nashville songwriter, provides a handful of ballads including the Orbison-esque "Hang Up the Moon" and a remorseless anthem, "Hell Yes I Cheated."

Thanks to Tallent, Bruce Springsteen contributes his unrecorded "Tiger Rose." And on the album's cameo coup, original Elvis Presley guitarist Scotty Moore and the Jordanaires chip in for "Bigger Than Elvis," Burgess's tribute to the cat who first blew his mind on rockabilly. But the album's brightest moments are the visceral fire-and-brimstone rockers like "Catbird Seat" and roadhouse R&B shouters like "Look Out for Number One," where Burgess breaks rockabilly out of the yellowing pages of history, re-animates it with a jolt of lightning, and carries it screaming out the door.

Original Release Date: 1995

Label: Avi Entertainment

144 MB
320 kbp/s
all covers

Tracks:

1. We Wanna Boogie
2. Red Headed Woman
3. We Wanna Boogie (Alternate One)
4. Restless
5. Ain't Got A Thing
6. Daddy Blues (Alternate Take)
7. Fannie Brown (Alternate One)
8. One Broken Heart
9. You
10. Ain't Gonna Do It (Alternate Two)
11. Gone
12. Please Listen To Me
13. Sweet Misery
14. My Bucket's Got A Hole In It
15. My Bucket's Got A Hole In It (Alternate-Partial)
16. Whatcha Gonna Do
17. Feelin' Good
18. One Night
19. Mr. Blues
20. Find My Baby For Me (Breakdowns)
21. Tomorrow Night
22. Itchy
23. Thunderbird
24. A Kiss Goodnight
25. Sadie's Back In Town

http://rapidshare.com/files/236036143/SB-HTJ.part1.rar

http://rapidshare.com/files/236036147/SB-HTJ.part2.rar