Опции темы
25.08.2007, 11:04   # 1
Funky_head666
карлан
Статус: Offline

Польза: 0

Finest on MySpace

Сообщение от Wikipedia
Mother's Finest is a funk rock band founded in Atlanta, Georgia, United States by the singers' couple Joyce Kennedy and Glenn Murdock in the early seventies.

Mother's Finest was the "first real rock band with both black and white members".[neutrality disputed] Their music was a blend of funky rhythm, heavy guitars and expressive rock singing. Their debut album Mother's Finest from 1976 today is a rare collector's piece and contained with the ironic song "Nigizz Can't Sing Rock'n Roll" their musical program (although they were criticized for it by an important reverend and had to suspend it from their live concerts). In 1978 they were guests in German broadcast "Rockpalast" and with one concert (recently reedited in Europe as DVD Mother's Finest - At Rockpalast together with a 2003 live concert) they gathered cult status in Europe which lasts until today.

In the late seventies they produced more soul-oriented albums and at the beginning of the eighties some heavy rock as on Iron Age. In the nineties they were back with "Black radio won't play this record", a funk metal album, and last CD is "Meta-funk'n-physical" from 2004 which is more hip hop- and electronic beats-oriented. They are led by rock singer Joyce Kennedy and they have recorded apart from the live DVD two live CDs

Hit songs: "Baby Love", "Piece of the Rock", "Mickey's Monkey", "Love Changes". Joyce Kennedy also had a hit duet with Jeffrey Osborne in 1984, "The Last Time I Made Love."

Most recently, Joyce Kennedy was seen on the international Daughters Of Soul tour along with Sandra St. Victor, Nona Hendryx, Lalah Hathaway (daughter of Donny Hathaway), Indira Khan (daughter of Chaka Khan), and Simone (daughter of Nina Simone)
Сообщение от www.intrepidartists.com
It is difficult and often highly dangerous to hang a label on music. Labels can close doors to some of the most exciting talents, and close ears to artist whose fresh vitality demands to be heard. Mother's Finest is a powerful band, but they are not typical.

The group has created a sound they describe as a fusion of Funk, Rock, Gospel, R&B Metal and Jazz, taken directly from the street to the stage to the studio, that is Afro-Euro Mosaic Soulful and Electric, transcending musical division, and negative stereotyping.

Back in the day, this kind of fusion music was rare to say the least, but the versatility and originality of Mother's Finest, brought down many barriers.

MOTHERS FINEST is Joyce Kennedy, Glenn Murdock, lead vocals, Jerry "Wyzard" Seay, Bass, Gary "Mo" Moore, lead guitar, John Hayes, lead guitar, Kerry Denton, drummer, and J.J.s, background vocals.

Alex Cooley's Electric Ballroom was where Tom Werman of Epic records saw Mother's Finest for the first time in Atlanta Georgia. They went on to record their first of three gold albums " Another Mother Further, Mother Factor, and Mother's Finest Live ".

Known internationally, they are incomparable and unique in their ability to bring it to you in concert. And now after several year's quiet, they're still one of the best LIVE bands on the planet.

In today's world of Multiplicity, and Ethnic diversity, there is a ONENESS in people and music that's always been in the sound of Mother's Finest. If you can't remember the name, remember the initials. MF
1992 Black Radio Won't Play this record

1. Like A Negro
2. Power
3. Generator
4. Cry Baby
5. Shirt
6. The Wall
7. Attitude
8. Crack Babies
9. Head Bangin' And Booty Shakin'
10. Stop
11. Move (Get Outta My Way)
12. L.P.F.

Download (wma, 128)

2003 Meta-Funk'n Physical

Line-up
Joyce Kennedy (lv, bv)
Glenn Murdock (lv, bv, d pr, k, pr)
Jerry Seay (b, k pr, g, bv)
John Hayes (g, bv)
Gary Moore (g, bv)
Kerry Denton (d, p)
Johnetta Johnson (bv)

Tracklist
1. Funk-A-Wild
2. Bring it
3. I Believe
4. Sun On The Inside
5. Don't Take Your Love
6. Flat On My Back
7. N-Groove
8. If 6 Was 9
9. Crazy Side
10. What Happens When We Die?
11. Inside Of Me
12. Way Of The World
13. Set You Free
14. Hard Time

Download (mp3, 192)

First album in the key of heavy-rock, second - more modern-R'NB-soul-dub
Наверх
30.08.2007, 00:53   # 2
Funky_head666
карлан
Статус: Offline

Польза: 0
Mothers Finest - The Very Best Of (1990)

1. Fire
2. Dis Go Dis Way,Dis Go Dat Way
3. Baby Love
4. Secret Service
5. Big Shot Romeo
6. What Kind Of Fool
7. Love Me Too
8. Can't Fight The Feeling
9. Give You All The Love (Inside Of Me)
10. Evolution
11. Piece Of The Rock
12. Time