Польза: 0

Artist.........: Rosemary Clooney
Album..........: Love
Year...........: 1963
Genre..........: Vocal Jazz, Show Tunes, Ballads, Standards, Traditional Pop
Bitrate........: MP3 / VBR 320 kbit/s / 44.1 Khz / Stereo
Size...........: 96.9

Comment........:
Rosemary Clooney orginally cut the 12 ballads (all picked by her) comprising Love for RCA Victor in 1961, arranged and conducted by Nelson Riddle, leading an orchestra with one of the most luscious sounds heard on a pop recording during that entire decade. Then RCA shelved the album, and there Love lay, buried for two years, until Frank Sinatra signed Clooney to Reprise Records, bought the master, and released it. Clooney proves herself as good a producer as she was a singer for having chosen a dozen beautiful songs by Marc Blitzstein (ТI Wish It SoУ), Rodgers & Hart (ТYours SincerelyУ), and Branislau Kaper (ТInvitationУ), among others С most (apart from what is arguably a definitive reading of ТSomeone To Watch Over MeУ) relatively obscure. Nelson Riddle, with whom she was passionately in love at the time, wrote some of the prettiest arrangements of his career, the product of which is the most ravishingly beautiful album of ClooneyХs career. Her voice and RiddleХs arrangements carry the listener away into a world of the purest sensuality, filled with moods of deepest yearning and intense romantic joy. ТHow Will I Remember You,У ТImagination,У and ТInvitationУ donХt even seem to exist in the real world, and the rest arenХt far behind-album is utterly spellbinding in its every quiet nuance from singer and orchestra. The 1995 Warner-Archive reissue by Gregg Geller (the man responsible for the Frank Sinatra complete Reprise box as well) has been remastered about as perfectly as one could hope for, with a rich, soft sound (check out the French horns on Irving CaesarХs ТIf I Forget YouУ), and the original 12 songs have been augmented by two bonus tracks, the bluesy ТBlack CoffeeУ and the moody, quiet ТThe Man That Got Away,У from ClooneyХs first Reprise recording, Thanks For Nothing.

Cover..........:

Tracklist......:
01. Invitation [2:53]
02. I Wish It So [4:12]
03. Yours Sincerely [3:28]
04. Imagination [4:07]
05. Find The Way [3:52]
06. How Will I Remember You [4:22]
07. Why Shouldn't I? [3:26]
08. More Than You Know [3:23]
09. You Started Something [2:36]
10. It Never Entered My Mind [4:41]
11. If I Forget You [4:34]
12. Someone to Watch Over Me [3:40]
13. Black Coffee[*] [3:42]
14. The Man That Got Away[*] [4:13]

Links..........:
Скрытый текст (вы должны зарегистрироваться или войти под своим логином):
У вас нет прав чтобы видеть скрытый текст, содержащийся здесь.

Ford Fiesta club
Наверх
Ответ