Статус: Offline

Польза: +5

Artist.........: Charlie Parr And The Black Twig Pickers
Album..........: Glory In The Meeting House
Year...........: 2010
Genre..........: Folk Blues, Country, Bluegrass, Jug, Skiffle, Gospel
Bitrate........: vbr
Size...........: 88
Similar Artists: Mungo Jerry, Ugly Dog Skiffle Combo, Robert Johnson, The Soggy Bottom Boys

Comment........: Вот давно такое искал. Американа, искрящаяся всеми цветами радуги. От фолк-блюза в духе Роберта Джонсона до блюграсс- и скиффл- веселухи. От кантри-стандартов до айриш-фолк-джиг. Вокал - то, что надо для такого винегрета) И все какое-то неакадемичное, домотканное)
Кстати, коэновский "О брат, где ты?" напомнило)))
И любимый мною Shaun The Sheep))))))))))))
Да, штук пять альбомов The Black Twig Pickers есть на рутрекере
доп. инфо

At the end of May in 2010, Charlie Parr and the Black Twig Pickers holed themselves up in a shed in rural Ironto, Virginia and recorded the album that would become “Glory in the Meeting House.” Part country, part gospel and completely old-time, this session sounds ancient and new simultaneously. Parr’s haunting and gritty vocals combines with the fiddling, strumming and plucking of the Black Twig Pickers to bring the listener right into the shed with them.
“Glory in the Meeting House” pulls together popular country gospel numbers like “Jesus on the Mainline” and “What a Friend We Have” to rarer numbers like “They Whupped Him Up the Hill” and Parr’s new composition “Where You Gonna Be (When the Good Lord Calls You Home)?”
Charlie Parr plays original and traditional folk and Piedmont-style blues, accompanying himself on National resonator guitars, 12-string guitar and sometimes a banjo. Based in Duluth, Minnesota, Charlie has played all over the USA and Europe and Australia and released six acclaimed albums.
The Black Twig Pickers got their start in a dark alley between the campers at the 1999 Galax Old Fiddlers Convention, choosing their name from an archaic apple variety in founding fiddler Ralph Berrier Jr.'s family orchard. Since then, the Black Twig Pickers' fiddle/banjo / guitar /washboard sound has been heard in dives, barns, streets and dances from Amsterdam to Atlanta, yet remains solidly rooted in a corner of Southwest Virginia where four other states are closer than the Virginia capital.

Cover..........:

Tracklist......:
1. Glory in the Meeting House - 3:13
2. Death's Black Train - 3:26
3. They Whupped Him up the Hill - 3:01
4. Old Ark's A-Movin' - 2:42
5. Jesus on the Mainline - 3:26
6. I Wish I Was in Heaven Sitting Down - 4:09
7. This World is Not My Home - 4:51
8. Where You Gonna Be (When the Good Lord Calls You Home)? - 3:03
9. What a Friend We Have - 3:14
10. There Ain't No Grave Gonna Hold My Body Down - 3:11
11. Pure Religion - 5:44
12. I'm Going Home - 2:47
13. Light From the Lighthouse - 4:45

Links..........:
Скрытый текст (вы должны зарегистрироваться или войти под своим логином):
У вас нет прав чтобы видеть скрытый текст, содержащийся здесь.

Сольное творчество:
Charlie Parr - When the Devil Goes Blind (2010)

69, vbr

инфо

1. I Dreamed I Saw Jesse James Last Night - 3:25
2. South of Austin, North of Lyle - 3:27
3. Where You Gonna Be (when the good lord calls you home) - 3:07
4. For The Drunkard's Mother - 3:49
5. Ain't No Grave Gonna Hold My Body Down - 3:12
6. 1890 - 3:11
7. Up Country Blues - 3:38
8. Mastodon - 3:26
9. I Was Lost Last Night - 5:30
10. Turpentine Farm - 2:40
11. Last Day - 3:29

Personnel:
Charlie Parr (vocals, guitar, banjo)

Notes: Where do you start when you want to sing the praises of a man who would, in a just world, already be a household name? I suppose that you could talk about how Charlie's spellbinding finger picking and slide techniques on guitar and banjo place him front & center among the world's foremost string-benders. Or you could try to explain how Charlie's blood & guts songs are infused with an originality, integrity and heart rarely (if ever) displayed by contemporaries operating in or around pre-war blues traditions. Further, you might extrapolate on how Parr's performing career (which began in 1988) has taken him from Twin Cities bars and coffeehouses - studying resident greats like Dave Ray and Spider John Koerner - to the year 2010, where he's enjoying an ever-growing fan base comprised of folk-blues purists, American Primitive beard-scratchers, jam band-lovin' neo-hippies, and, well, just about every type of person imaginable. When The Devil Goes Blind is Charlie's first nationally distributed record.

Charlie Parr - Rooster (2005)

59, vbr
инфо

1. Samson & Delilah - 2:47
2. Bethlehem - 4:49
3. 1928 - 4:08
4. One Eyed Jack - 3:15
5. Rooster - 2:49
6. Gone - 3:18
7. Dead Cat On The Line - 5:07
8. Ellen Mayhem - 2:44
9. Cheap Wine - 5:12
10. Public Record Rag - 3:13
11. Samuel Grady - 4:57
12. Wild Bill Jones - 2:57

Personnel:
Charlie Parr - Banjo, Guitar (Baritone 12-string, National Steel-bodied, Wood-body Resonator)
Karl Anderson - Bass (Upright)
Christian McShane - Cello, Guitar, Ukulele
Mikkel Beckmen - Percussion
'Banjo' Dave Carrol - Banjo (5)
Molly Maher - Guitar (Slide) (9)

Notes: Two songs into Rooster, Minnesota-based bluesman Charlie Parr achieves the well-nigh impossible. He makes "Bethlehem", a traditional, Biblically-themed acoustic song so dangerously intense that it feels current. It is a stark retelling of Herod's massacre of the innocents -- the night when the king of Israel killed all the two-year-old boys in hopes of eliminating Jesus -- told from the perspective of an ordinary father who lost his son that night. The event is so massive, so unthinkable, that it overshadows what most people consider the larger story: that Jesus escaped and went on to die on the cross. Indeed when the father sees Jesus hanging on a cross, he can only envision his lost boy's face. It is all the more powerful for being minimal musically, with the thump of foot punctuating minor key picking and a monochrome melody filtered through a ravaged voice. Though the rest of Rooster is excellent, this single song tells you most of what you need to know about Charlie Parr, his traditional roots, his coiled emotional intensity, his sparseness and his almost unbearable honesty. Later in the album, his work will take on slightly different shades and colorings, in the sardonic humor of "One Eyed Jack," in the ghostly slide of "Dead Cat on the Line", in the cake-walky exuberance of "Public Record Rag," but he returns to this peak level of quality just once. That happens in "Cheap Wine", a slow and melancholy ache of a tune, underwritten to the point of bare essence, and encompassing all the loneliness of old ladies and their cheap wine and the morose liquor clerks who serve them. "I can't stand the sight of any of them. I wish I could sell this place. I wish I could buy a boat...float away," may not look like a universal truth there on the page, but on the album, this verse contains every color of disappointment and dead-ended-ness and alienation.
Lots of blues musicians get the notes right. They play authentic chords and patterns on authentic instruments. They sound just like the old days, except they don't. Charlie Parr has somehow inhabited this music from the inside, letting it out in a way that's as natural as breathing -- and as vital. ~ Jennifer Kelly

Charlie Parr - King Earl (2004)

84, vbr
инфо

1. Worried Blues - 4:02
2. Possessed by the Devil - 5:28
3. Union Tramp - 3:06
4. Reverend Eviction's Blues - 4:28
5. Miner's Lament - 4:05
6. V8 Ford Blues Pt 2 - 6:07
7. King Earl - 4:24
8. Ode to a New Dealer - 4:17
9. Mule Rider - 2:28
10. 1917 - 4:02
11. Jefferson Street Express - 4:19
12. West Bank 10 String Rag - 2:52
13. Worried Blues - 3:39

Personnel:
Charlie Parr - Guitar (National Steel Guitar, 12-string), Banjo, Vocals
Christian McShane - Theremin
Mikkel Beckmen - Washboard, Percussion (Percussive Implements)

Notes: The world of King Earl (also the title character of a deeply gloomy song with a disarmingly sweet melody) reposes in a state of both Depression and depression. Its residents are broken men stuck in hard, dangerous jobs or looking for work on winter streets or just congregating in the freeze of a railroad yard in hope of a passing freight. In this country it's cold and bitter inside and out. You probably will figure out for yourself, just listening to the songs, that Parr must live in a frigid northern city like Duluth, Minnesota. Well, in this case it actually is Duluth, Minnesota.
Parr's day job is as a social worker, so the down-and-outers he conjures up in his vividly imagined and rendered songs owe much, one presumes, to real people and real life. His musical instincts, however, are thoroughly retro, his instrument of choice a steel-bodied guitar, his approach unambiguously underscoring debts to Bukka White, Furry Lewis and Blind Willie Johnson, with the occasional nod to sort-of more modern artists such as fellow Minnesotan Spider John Koerner (who could have written "V8 Ford Blues Pt. 2") and Tom Waits -- themselves, of course, looking backward at least as often as forward.
"Worried Blues" and "Miner's Lament" are traditionals, and the rest are originals, though new or old is something you wouldn't know without prior knowledge or attention to Parr's minimalist liner notes, which appear as if composed on a typewriter well overdue for a thorough cleaning. There are no clunkers here -- nothing close, in fact -- but "King Earl" and the raucous "Reverend Eviction's Blues" (with the memorable refrain "I got to unroll myself/From this wicked world") stand out and stick in memory long after the disc has ceased playing.
This is folk music in the old-fashioned, ripe, unbathed and unshaved sense. What it lacks in sunshine and warmth, it more than makes up for in arctic wind and bone-numbing temperature. You're glad you're not any of Parr's characters, but he lets you be happy that you've met them. ~ Jerome Clark

Последний раз редактировалось sparrow; 01.03.2011 в 08:16.
Наверх
Отметили: Кирилл Петроград, klesch, kirsa, olga08051983, Radiate13
04.10.2015, 21:57   # 2
JC Denton
повелитель мыслей
Статус: Offline

Польза: +1

Исполнитель: Charlie Parr
Альбом: Stumpjumper
Страна: US
Дата выпуска: 2015
Качество: 320 kbps
Размер: 125 mb

Tracklist:
01. Evil Companion
02. Empty Out Your Pockets
03. Falcon
04. Remember Me If I Forget
05. On Marrying a Woman with an Uncontrollable Temper
06. Over the Red Cedar
07. Resurrection
08. Stumpjumper
09. Temperance River Blues
10. Frank Miller Blues
11. Delia

[IMG][/IMG]
Наверх
Отметили: sparrow
Ответ