21.11.2006, 18:16   # 1
Roger11
живет на форуме
Статус: Offline

Польза: +1

Tooter Boatman - Rockin'

CBR 160 Kbps
60 MB

Real name William McCon Boatman. Born 1936 in Mineral Wells, Texas. Died in 1964.

William McCon Boatman Jr. An entertainer, showman, musician and singer. His other well known talents were fighter and lover. Tooter was known to kick a wild bull in the ass, as the bull swung around for the kill Tooter would spit in his eye. The bull would "beller" and run away in fear. Tooter had more girl friends than Elvis had golden records. He could handle a couple of dates a night. Married for a short time... one day! Don't know her name but I've seen her blazing eyes. They could tear a body in half with one slow glare. Tooter lived across the road from an Assembly of God Church which woke him up with a blessing each Sunday morning. Tooter's house is torn down now, an empty lot the church uses for parking. Tooter's band, the Chaparrals, then consisted of Charlie O'Bannon (piano), Bill Bland (guitar) and Shorty Dinglar (slap bass).

Tooter and the Chaparrals began recording songs at Danny Wolfe's studio in Stephenville. We did some cuts at Herring's in Fort Worth, but the closeness in Danny's studio generated the warm personal feeling, the true sound of Tooter. Danny often booked us in clubs and on TV shows to push his records. Tooter was the spotlight star on a show called "Teenage Downbeat" in Fort Worth on June 11, 1959. Shorty Dinglar continued playing slap bass for Tooter after leaving the army, but then later Shorty left with his family, moving back to upper New York State. Without Shorty, the Tooter Boatman sound as we love it vanished...

25 cut CD featuring one of the original Texas wildmen, Tooter Boatman, along with his great band from the late 50's, the Chapperals. This has most of the rockers from the 3 White Label LP's like Susie's House/ Life Begins At 4 O'Clock/ They Won't Let Me In/ Teenage Hangout , etc. and sweetens the pot with 10 alternate, previously unreleased versions plus a trio of previously unreleased instrumentals - Moonshot/ Tooter's Boogie/ Blow It Up Boogie . Plenty of crazy rockin' on this one with some outrageous hammering, lightnin' fast pickin' and scorching sax breaks. Beer Rock Pt. 2/ The Will Of Love/ Rock It Up/ Big Deal , etc.

Tracks:
Beer Rock/
Big Deal
Blow It Up Boogie
Depression Blues, take 1
Gonna Come A Time
Hey little Missy
I'm With You/
Life Begins At 4 O'Clock
Moonshot
More And More
Rock It Up