Статус: Offline

Польза: +2

Artist.........: Jim Kweskin Band with Samoa Wilson
Album..........: Now And Again
Year...........: 2003
Genre..........: Folk, Blues, Early jazz, Jug, Swing, Skiffle, Americana
Bitrate........: vbr
Size...........: 64
Similar Artists: В отношении данного альбома сходным будет любой классный рутс-блюзовый альбом с хорошим женским вокалом;
если говорить о Jim Kweskin Jug Band вообще, то: Memphis Jug Band, Mungo Jerry, Nitty Gritty Dirt Band и др. классные банды, игравшие/играющие jug/skiffle/blues/americana

Comment........: Хотя, видимо из-за жары, общественность крайне вяло реагирует на новые посты, не удержусь и создам еще один :)))
Jim Kweskin Jug Band начали играть в середине 60-х. Играли веселую и причудливую смесь jug/skiffle/blues/americana. Играли здорово. Данный альбом сильно отличается от ранних релизов коллектива. Альбом более взвешанный, профессиональный, стильный, совершенно не безбашенный. А если одним словом, то классный.
коммент на этот альбом из сети
Jim Kweskin Band with Samoa Wilson - Now And Again - 2003 - Blix Street Records
Big Grammy wins in recent years for tradition minded recordings like O Brother Where Art Thou? and Norah Jones' Come Away With Me show that the music industry and its fans will embrace traditional styles if done well. 60s folkster Jim Kweskin was more known in his heyday as a club performer and touring support act (the Doors, Janis Joplin, Peter, Paul & Mary), but this recording — coming three decades plus after the Jim Kweskin Jug Band split — could find sweet spot in our culture as we yearn for a simpler style from a simpler time. The rhythm guitarist has a pleasant and engaging voice, but the real stars here are the crisp and sparse arrangements of a wide variety of classics, a band featuring such accoutrements as fiddle and mandolin, and the secret weapon of traditional blues and country-styled vocalist Samoa Wilson. Kweskin handles vocals on a few songs (most notably "Sweet Sue," on which he also plays banjo, but the best tracks are ones like the classic blues gem "Why Don't You Do Right," which features Wilson's straightforward confrontations backed by the punctuation of Kweskin and Titus Vollmer's guitars. Material ranges from Nina Simone's "Sugar in My Bowl" to the depression era classic "Brother Can You Spare A Dime." While this is an irresistible group effort all the way through, the track that is hardest to not sing along with is the four part harmony gospel tune from the Leadbelly catalog, "Linin' Track," with Geordie Gude's magical harmonica solo bridging the a capella and instrumentally enhanced parts. © Jonathan Widran, allmusic.com
"Now And Again" contains some marvellous covers of early jazz, jug, country, swing and blues classics, originally recorded by artists like Nina Simone, Leadbelly, Julie London and others. This is great Americana music, and there is nobody better qualified to sing and play this music than the great Jim Kweskin of the legendary Jug Band. His great friend, Samoa Wilson's vocals are superb, and can't be praised highly enough. Geordie Gude plays some amazing harmonica, but all the musicians are stupendous. "Brother, Can You Spare a Dime?" is performed by Jim Kweskin and the Jug Band, and is a fabulous rendition of this old classic. Not a weak track on this album which is VHR by this blog. Listen to Samoa Wilson's great "Live the Life" album, and Jim Kweskin's "Unblushing Brassiness" is a brilliant folk album

MUSICIANS

Jim Kweskin - Banjo, Guitar, Guitar (Rhythm), Vocals, Vocal Harmony
Samoa Wilson - Vocals, Vocal Harmony
Titus Vollmer - Guitar
Leo Blanco - Piano
John Ramsey, Jerry Deupree - Drums
Mickey Bones - Drums (Snare)
Paloma Ohm - Drums, Sax (Alto)
Bruce Millard - Mandolin, Slide Mandolin, Vocal Harmony
Matt Leavenworth - Fiddle, Vocal Harmony
Geordie Gude - Harmonica
Sam Wilson Voices

Cover..........:

Tracklist......:
TRACKS / COMPOSERS
1. Sweet Sue - Finkel, Harris, Young 3:56
2. Why Don't You Do Right? - McCoy, McCoy 4:25
3. Linin' Track - Leadbelly 3:49
4. I'm Gonna Sit Right Down and Write Myself a Letter - Ahlert, Young 3:43
5. The Blues My Naughty Sweetie Gives to Me - McCarron, Morgan, Morgan, Swanstrom 3:14
6. Exactly Like You - Fields, McHugh 3:43
7. Sugar in My Bowl - Simone 5:27
8. Brother, Can You Spare a Dime? - Gorney, Harburg 5:25 [ ]
9. Trouble in Mind - Jones 3:36
10. Cry Me a River - Hamilton 4:56
Links..........:
Скрытый текст (вы должны войти под своим логином или зарегистрироваться и иметь 5 сообщение(ий)):
У вас нет прав чтобы видеть скрытый текст, содержащийся здесь.

либо
Скрытый текст (вы должны зарегистрироваться или войти под своим логином):

password:

Попутно, в том же духе:
Samoa Wilson with the Jim Kweskin Band (2004) Live the Life

TRACKS / COMPOSERS
I'm Gonna Live The Life - Rev. Thomas A. Dorsey
Sun Goin' Down - Samoa Wilson
What A Little Moonlight Can Do - Harry Woods
Organ Grinder's Swing - Irving Mills, Will Hudson, Mitchell Parish
Some Of These Days - Shelton Brooks
Oh Papa Blues - Ma Rainey
Choo Choo Ch'Boogie - Denver Darling, Milt Gabler, Vaughn Horton
Dedicated To You - Sammy Cahn, Saul Chaplin, Hy Zaret
Can't Help Lovin' That Man - Jerome Kern, Oscar Hammerstein II
C Jam Blues - Duke Ellington
St. Louis Blues - W.C. Handy, L. Mario Henderson
Goodnight My Love - Mack Gordon, Harry Revel

тот же пароль, 77, vbr
И еще:
Jim Kweskin Jug Band - Greatest Hits

104, vbr
Наверх
Отметили: madcat50, karlan
Ответ