VA - The Last Temptations Of Elvis /Rock-n-Roll/

Опции темы
09.09.2009, 22:00   # 1
Roger11
живет на форуме
Статус: Offline

Польза: +1

Various Artists - The Last Temptations Of Elvis

New Musical Express presents an all-star tribute featuring 26 songs from Elvis movies!

These two discs were assembled by The New Musical Express in 1990 for the Nordoff-Robbins Music Therapy program. Twenty five artists covering songs from the movies that Elvis made in the late fifties, and throughout the sixties. From Robert Plant, tearing up: "Let's Have A Party" and Bruce Springsteen, rolling the dice with: "Viva Las Vegas" and those crazy Pogues, smashing: "Got A Lot O' Livin' To Do" this is quite unlike anything else.

Elvis, is known for appearing in some less than stellar films, but you can't argue with the timeless classics that were featured in those films.
With: " There's No Room To Rhumba In A Sports Car" performed by Vivian Stanhall and "Rock-A-Hula-Baby" presented by Pop Will Eat Itself, the music featured here would make Mozart move his bones.

Dion, sounds great ripping through: "Mean Woman Blues" and The Jesus & Mary Chain, lay waste with a wall of sludge production to: "Guitar Man." Aaron Neville, does a moving version of: "Young & Beautiful" and Fuzzbox, brings in a techno-clanging hammered rendition of: "Trouble" and Sir Paul McCartney, camps it up a little with that favorite from the Cavern Club: "It's Now Or Never."

The mixes of musical styles and the wide variety of different artists featured makes this a very interesting and enertaining two hours of music. As the reputation of these songs as not being great has been widely writen about, I have found this set to be one of the best and original takes on music that has been 'slighted' in the past.

These artists, really change and shake up the music that is featured here on these two CD's. I will always admit that I am always looking for something a little different to listen to, and: "The Last Temptation Of Elvis" fits the role as not normal...

As a bonus, there is along long-lost studio recording of Elvis {the real one!} doing three takes of: "King Of The Whole Wide World." And for a time, this man was indeed THE KING. He won't be forgotten anytime soon.

This set isn't easy to find nowadays, but if it does turn up in the used CD bin at your favorite music den, scoop it up...and do the Crawfish!

Tracks:

Disc 1

1 (Dialogue) - Elvis Presley/Viva Las Vegas - Bruce Springsteen
2 (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear - Sydney Youngblood
3 Loving You - Tanita Tikaram
4 Let's Have A Party - Robert Plant
5 Got a Lot O'Livin' to Do - The Pogues
6 Love Me Tender - Holly Johnson
7 It's Now or Never - Paul McCartney
8 Mean Woman Blues - Dion
9 Guitar Man - The Jesus And Mary Chain
10 King Creole - Cath Carroll & Steve Albini