Roger11
живет на форуме
Статус: Offline

Польза: +4

Warren Scott & The Memphis Playboys

The Western Bop Sessions

Pink & Black (2009)

Publication date - 22-05-09

This is a relatively new band on the scene having only gigged about a half a dozen times, however the guys will be familiar to you, for Warren Scott is non other than Jack Rabbit Slim. Their website describe them as 'The roots of Sleazeabilly' and thats exactly what you get.

Where JRS play a very distintive modern sounding rockabilly, this is very much set in authentic '50's feel and style, but that is not to say it lacks a modern twist, because as with all the bands Bob Butfoy has appeared in, there is a distinctive style, swagger and panache about it.

The album kicks off with a self penned number Rocket Ship Mama, which captures perfectly those 50's tracks that all seemed to be obsessed with outer space, great western swing, hillbilly feel. Mean Mistreater, the Johnny Powers original is a good slice of rockabillly, as is the bopper Long Lean Baby.

Slim Rhodes' Take & Give is given a great outing, rarely covered stuff this and the self penned Treat Me Bad, rocks along nicely.

Then comes Pat Cupp's, Do Me No Wrong that positively rocks, if this doesn't get you on the dance floor, nothing will!

Watch here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkWjo4-xoZ4

Just in case you missed Hembsby this year:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Wl4P...eature=related

Hemsby 2009

Playboy swings along nicely with some great lyrics of the type Bob excells at. Scarecrow Bop - another original - is firmly in the hillbilly bop style and reminiscesent of the simple and sometimes plain silly topics for songs that were always popular in th '50's. By covering Eddie Cletro's First Class Second Hand Woman you can tell what type of stuff this album is packed with.

Everybody Rock is a great rockabilly screamer again one to fill a dance floor. The album closes with some more classic sounding rockabilly You Look That Good To Me.

320 kbp/s & covers
60 MB

Tracks:

Rocket Ship Mama
Mean Mistreater
Long Lean Baby
Take & Give
Treat Me Bad
Do Me No Wrong
Playboy
Set Me Free
Scarecrow Bop
First-Class Second Hand Woman
Linda Lee
Everybody Rock
You Look That Good To Me

Скрытый текст (вы должны зарегистрироваться или войти под своим логином):
У вас нет прав чтобы видеть скрытый текст, содержащийся здесь.

enjoy
Наверх
Отметили: MAQ, klong, madcat50, rr_rr
Ответ