The Blue Beat Stompers /Trad.Ska, Rocksteady, 90s, from USA/

Опции темы
02.03.2006, 22:30   # 1
kinchos
живет на форуме
Статус: Offline

Польза: +4
The Blue Beat Stompers

Ещё один замечательный традитионал коллектив The Blue Beat Stompers подписаны на тот же лэйбэл что Inspector играют замес из rocksteady, early reggae, soul. Похоже на Hepcat, Allstonians рекомендую короче.

больше
The Blue Beat Stompers are a San Francisco Bay Area based, seven piece Traditional Ska ensemble.
The band’s features include three vocalists, Trumpet, Baritone Sax, Guitar, Bass, Drums, and Keys. The premise behind The Blue Beat Stompers’ music is to stay true to the Jamaican Ska of the early 1960’s, the same sound that eventually evolved into rock steady, skinhead reggae, and modern reggae as we know it today. One can easily decipher these facts by listening to their music recorded and live alike.
Over the past six years the band has endured several line-up changes and has gone through the typical growing pains of a great band in the making. They have shared the stage with big name acts such as No Doubt, Hepcat, Dave Wakeling and Bang!, The Scofflaws, and Let's Go Bowling. In addition, they have played with many of the reputable bands of the southern California Traditional Ska scene that is rapidly becoming known as a Mecca for modern Ska, Rocksteady, and Reggae musicians abroad.

The Blue Beat Stompers have made their mark in California touring up and down the California coast playing top venues such as, The Roxy Theater & The Whiskey a Go-Go in Los Angeles, The Forum in San Luis Obispo, The Cactus Club in San Jose, Slim's in San Francisco, Berkeley Square in Berkeley, and Bojangle's in Sacramento. In addition, the Blue Beat Stompers have received a tremendous amount of support and an invigorating response from college radio stations across the country. Some examples of this are, WUOG in Athens, GA, WSUC in Cortland, NY, KSUH in Hayward, CA, KDHX in St. Louis, MI, WAPS in Akron, OH, and KUCI in Irvine, CA.

The title of their debut album, “Sit Tight and Listen Keenly," is an allusion to the legendary Jamaican movie, “The Harder They Come” starring Jimmy Cliff. The film showcased the popular Jamaican musicians of the day in the same manner that “Sit Tight and Listen Keenly” expresses the talent and appreciation that the Blue Beat Stompers have for traditional ska music. Known to perform old-school ska covers in their live set, the Blue Beat Stompers have included a couple of covers on their album paying respects to pioneer acts such as Blues Busters and the Melodians. Their unique blend of traditional ska and soulful lyricism has energized their live sets for six years, an energy
that is finally being manifested by their new album. So sit tight and listen keenly to this collection of great music sure to be classics of the future.

Discography:

“Sit Tight and Listen Keenly” - CD Steady Beat Recordings SBR112CD (August 1998)
“Love and Affection: Ska in the Key of Love” - CD Compilation Moon SKA NYC Records MR127
(June 1998)
"Ska, Rock-steady, Reggae: The West Coast Chronicles Volume 1” - CD Compilation SteadyBeat Recordings SBR110CD (January 1997)
“The Blue Beat Stompers” Self titled 3 song cassette - Hooligans Productions #001 (April 1997)

https://www.last.fm/music/Blue+Beat+Stompers

Последний раз редактировалось не3дох; 02.05.2018 в 11:12.
Наверх
Отметили: horst
24.11.2014, 12:27   # 2
не3дох
observer

Польза: +7
Artist......: The Blue Beat Stompers
Album.......: Sit Down And Listen Keenly...
Year........: 1998
Genre.......: Trad.Ska / Rocksteady
Bitrate.....: 128 kbps
Size........: 43 mb

(03:44) 01 - I Need Your Lovin'
(04:13) 02 - Put You Down
(03:40) 03 - I Will Get Along Without You
(04:17) 04 - South City
(04:53) 05 - Can't Find The Words
(04:21) 06 - I Won't Cry For You
(03:29) 07 - Leavin' Town
(02:35) 08 - The Series
(04:30) 09 - Someday You'll See
(03:32) 10 - Got Me Spinnin'
(02:23) 11 - I Don't Know
(04:05) 12 - Excuses, Excuses
Скрытый текст (вы должны зарегистрироваться или войти под своим логином):
У вас нет прав чтобы видеть скрытый текст, содержащийся здесь.

Последний раз редактировалось не3дох; 19.03.2019 в 22:16.
Наверх
Отметили: Leeds, sparrow, odessit, gringo, Mr.Semkin, Mad Beet, horst
26.08.2020, 22:42   # 3
Romanich
живет на форуме

Польза: +7
The Blue Beat Stompers - Sit Tight and Listen Keenly... (1998) [Reissue 2009]
133 mb, 320 kbps (спектры не очень)
Tracklist......:
1. I Need Your Lovin'
2. Put You Down
3. I Will Get Along Without You
4. South City
5. Can't Find The Words
6. I Won't Cry For You
7. Leavin' Town
8. The Series
9. Someday You'll See
10. Got Me Spinnin'
11. I Don't Know
12. Excuses, Excuses
13. Soul On Fire (Bonus Track)
14. I Don't Mind (Previously Unrealeased)
15. True Confessions (Previously Unrealeased)
16. Leavin' Town (Alternate Take)

Скрытый текст (вы должны войти под своим логином или зарегистрироваться и иметь 30 сообщение(ий)):
У вас нет прав чтобы видеть скрытый текст, содержащийся здесь.
Наверх
Отметили: не3дох, Leeds, sparrow, Mad Beet, Punkrocker, Funky Monkey, horst
Ответ
Опции темы