Польза: +1

Artist.........: The Bluegrass Cardinals
Album..........: The Essential Bluegrass Cardinals
Year...........: 2002
Genre..........: Bluegrass
Bitrate........: 128
Size...........: 72
Similar Artists: New Grass Revival, Old & In The Way, Del McCoury
Comment........: Пока на ска-джаз и свинг сценах относительное затишье ))) решил погрузиться в bluegrass-country-hillbilly-western swing музыку. Вашему вниманию коллектив, являющийся классикой блюграсса. Записывают альбомы с 1976 г. Играют задорно и профессионально, как и положено для лучших представителей данного жанра
дискография

1976 l The Bluegrass Cardinals
1977 l Welcome To Virginia
1978 l Livin' In The Good Old Days
1979 l Cardinal Soul
1980 l Live & On Stage
1981 l Sunday Mornin' Singin'
1982 l Where Rainbows Touch Down
1983 l The Cardinal Class (the Oldies)
1984 l Home Is Where The Heart Is (mayby one of the best album)
1986 l The Shining Path (A very powerful album)
1987 l On Stage In Nasville
1990 l Old & Favorites
1992 l What Have You Done For Him
1995 l My Kinda Grass
1996 l Mountain Girl
2002 l The Essential Bluegrass Cardinals

биография

The Bluegrass Cardinals came together in Los Angeles in 1974 when banjoist Don Parmley and mandolinist Randy Graham teamed up with Parmley's 15-year-old son, David, to form what was to become a successful bluegrass trio who wielded considerable influence from the latter half of the '70s through the early '90s. Don Parmley and Randy Graham's partnership had preceded the official start of the band by seven years when they started a musical friendship after the demise of Parmley's previous group, the Hillmen (whose leader, Chris Hillman, found success as a member of the Byrds), and so it seemed natural to grow into a trio with the addition of the younger Parmley. In 1976, the three moved from southern California to Virginia and cut their self-titled debut album for Sierra Records, followed by their 1977 Rounder offering, Welcome to Virginia. These two albums quickly cemented the oft-described "Cardinal sound," which dealt mainly with the intricate harmonies centered around David Parmley's lead vocal, his dad's baritone, and Graham's high tenor.

Almost off the bat, the Bluegrass Cardinals shuffled through countless lineups and proved a springboard for many bluegrass musicians, including fiddler Dennis Fetchet, bassist Bill Bryson, and mandolinist Larry Stephenson. They recorded several albums in the late '70s and early '80s for the CMH label with these and a slew of other fine musicians as well as making several appearances on the Grand Ole Opry before settling with Sugar Hill Records for three albums between 1983-1986. In 1991, Don and David took a short hiatus to record Parmley and McCoury — Families of Tradition with Del McCoury and his two sons, Ronnie and Rob McCoury, and by 1992, David chose to leave the Cardinals and pursue his own solo career. He recorded three albums under his own name and then reunited with original Bluegrass Cardinal fiddler Randy Graham in 1995 to form the Continental Divide. The Bluegrass Cardinals continued on until 1997, when Don Parmley announced his retirement from the music business. In late 2002, CMH Productions released a collection put together by David Parmley titled The Essential Bluegrass Cardinals.
Author : Gregory McIntosh, All Music Guide

Cover..........:

Tracklist......:
01. Knee Deep in Lovin' You
02. I Wonder Where You Are Tonight
03. Blue Is the Color of Lonesome
04. I've Had a Time
05. 32 Acres
06. Morristown
07. Where Rainbows Touch Down
08. The Old Man in the Park
09. Mountain Laurel
10. With Half a Heart
11. Don't Give Up on Me
12. Shine Hallelujah Shine
13. Carpenter of Wood
14. Crossing of Jordan
15. Angels Rock Me to Sleep
16. Sweet Hour of Prayer
17. The First Time I Heard About Heaven
18. Pretty Red Wing
19. Eighteen Wheels
20. Don't Come Running
21. Jubilee Road
22. I Know It's Wrong to Love You
23. Lee Berry Rye
24. Uncle Billy Play Your Fiddle for Me
Links..........:
Скрытый текст (вы должны войти под своим логином или зарегистрироваться и иметь 5 сообщение(ий)):
У вас нет прав чтобы видеть скрытый текст, содержащийся здесь.

И еще - ВНИМАНИЕ!: Вот здесь ЗАМЕЧАТЕЛЬНАЯ РАЗДАЧА, обнаруженная в сети:
Скрытый текст (вы должны войти под своим логином или зарегистрироваться и иметь 150 сообщение(ий)):
У вас нет прав чтобы видеть скрытый текст, содержащийся здесь.

Присутствуют почти все альбомы данного коллектива, высокий битрейт: 256-320, все альбомы залиты на rapidshare, пароля нет, коврики вложены, треклисты прилагаются. Все выполнено с любовью и уважением к коллективу и интересующимся данной музыкой. Огромное спасибо создателю этой замечательной раздачи
Наверх
Отметили: Radiate13
Ответ