Опции темы
11.10.2006, 05:42   # 1
Proctofantasmist
карлан
Статус: Offline

Польза: +2
Gangster Politics

Цитата:
Gangster Politics is a 9-piece ska band based in Montreal. Their energetic style and stage presence have
allowed them to become a main attraction on the Quebec ska scene and a worthy contributor to the Stomp line-up.

These handsome young lads consist of a blistering 4-piece horn section, (including an alto and tenor sax, a
trumpet, and a trombone), the grooviest rhythm section in town (electric bass, drums, guitar, and keyboard)
and the final touch of an energetic vocalist. Unfortunately, the band has since broken up and are currently
pursuing different musical projects.
https://www.discogs.com/artist/13967...gster-Politics
https://www.last.fm/music/Gangster+Politics

Последний раз редактировалось не3дох; 02.12.2021 в 19:08.
Наверх
11.10.2006, 10:48   # 2
MaKaP
Кароль

Польза: +3
Очень крутая группа.Такая крутая,что аж писдец.
Жалко,что больше нет записей.
Наверх
Отметили: Mad Beet
11.10.2006, 19:32   # 3
не3дох
observer

Польза: +6
Info
Discography...
"Mr. X" from compilation: The All-Skanadian Club I, STOMP, 1994
"Land Of Buds" from compilation: The All-Skanadian Club II, STOMP, 1995
"One Leg Over", currently unreleased
Dawn Of The Mafia (CD single), STOMP, 1997

Цитата:
In The Band...
Dave Bulger, vocals
Morgan Moore, bass
Tim Doyle, drums
Patrick Watson, keys
Simon Angell, guitars
Liam Chapman, trombone
Louis Nagy, trumpet
Franco Proietti, saxes

Bio...
Gangster Politics originally was inspired by ska-core groups like Skankin' Pickle, Operation Ivy, and
second-wave ska groups such as The Specials and Madness. However, after several years on the Canadian scene
playing shows with the Kingpins, the Planet Smashers, Big Rude Jake, and Whole Lotta Milka, Gangster
Politics has "chilled out", unearthing their true ska-based jazz-funk-lounge fusion, comparable to the style
of New York's Skavoovie and the Epitones and even reminiscent of first-wave ska pioneers The Skatalites.
After releasing their 3 song CD single entitled "Dawn Of The Mafia" in 1996, the band has been exploring
darker, more exotic musical avenues in preparation for their first full-length effort, due out in early
1998. Gangster Politics is currently signed with STOMP Records of Montreal, PQ.
Цитата:
Gangster Politics is a 9-piece ska band based in Montreal. Their energetic style and stage presence have
allowed them to become a main attraction on the Quebec ska scene and a worthy contributor to the Stomp line-
up.

These handsome young lads consist of a blistering 4-piece horn section, (including an alto and tenor sax, a
trumpet, and a trombone), the grooviest rhythm section in town (electric bass, drums, guitar, and keyboard)
and the final touch of an energetic vocalist. Unfortunately, the band has since broken up and are currently
pursuing different musical projects.
Цитата:
Gangster Politics give purists the finger and forge forward with their dirty ska sound

by MIREILLE SILCOTT

Every time I write about ska, I feel the need to make it clear that "I AM NO SKA EXPERT, BUT..." The reason
being that, even as an outsider, it is widely apparent to me that, excuse my French, there are a bunch of
blood-thirsty bitches in that scene that I'd rather not get tangly with. I mean the purists. Purists who
think no musician is good enough, no natty dresser slick enough, no dedicated scenester dedicated enough.
Except themselves, of course.

And frankly, those are the types who get me all out of sorts. Those are the types who would slag the Planet
Smashers (a band I quite like) for being too pop, who say everyone should sound like the Skatalites, and who
most surely dislike Gangster Politics--the next band off Montreal's worthy Stomp label.

But in no way am I rooting for the underdogs here, just the unlikely contenders. Because while purists may
find Gangster Politics' music too hybridized or dirty, those who discovered ska through the nouveau pop of
Goldfinger or the Bosstones' inescapable radio anthem "The Impression That I Get" may actually find GP's
sound rather "older."

"That's the jazz thing, it's not the easiest stance to take," says Tim Doyle, drummer, toaster and general
spokesperson for GP. "That's the main thing that no other ska band in this town are doing, and it's taken a
while to hone.

"When we first started out all the rude boys were like, 'Fuck this, they are just a bunch of kids.' But I
know with this upcoming album, they definitely will take a second listen."

Part of this knowledge comes from the fact that esteemed producer Victor Rice is coming in to produce GP's
platter, due out next year. And from the fact that they're not the new babes of the Kingpins/Smashers-led
Stomp label anymore, having climbed up a rung or two with the arrival of younger bands like General Rudie or
the Undercovers. "We're maturing," says Doyle, who like most members of GP is just of legal drinking age and
studies at Vanier's music school. "Like, now we know how to keep our music chilled--we're getting really
technically good--but at the same time, we can hold onto the energy that we had when we were 14 and going
crazy. It makes a lot of people in the scene jealous, I guess."
орган офигенный)))

Artist....: Gangster Politics
Album.....: Gangster Politics
Year......: 1998
Genre.....: Ska Revival
Bitrate...: 128 kbps
Size......: 42 mb

(02:50) 01 - Twisted
(03:09) 02 - Dance Of The Dead
(03:26) 03 - Mr. PC
(04:07) 04 - Mr. X's Travels
(03:13) 05 - Nica's Dream
(02:15) 06 - Things Aren't The Same
(02:37) 07 - Step Backwards
(02:35) 08 - Guns And Chicks
(02:34) 09 - Room With Many Maps
(04:49) 10 - Error 11
(02:06) 11 - Oleo
(03:57) 12 - Vector Madness
(03:46) 13 - Women
(04:41) 14 - (Untitled)
Скрытый текст (вы должны зарегистрироваться или войти под своим логином):
У вас нет прав чтобы видеть скрытый текст, содержащийся здесь.

Последний раз редактировалось не3дох; 05.09.2019 в 15:47.
Наверх
Отметили: Mad Beet, Funky Monkey, 82%
04.09.2019, 19:18   # 4
Romanich
живет на форуме

Польза: +11
Artist.........: Gangster Politics
Album..........: Dawn Of The Mafia (EP)
Year...........: 1997
Bitrate........: 320 kbps
Size...........: 24 mb
Comment........: Original Release: 1997. Label: Stomp Records. Total Length: 10:12.

1. Hypocrite
2. Dawn Of The Mafia
3. Rasta Celebration

Скрытый текст (вы должны войти под своим логином или зарегистрироваться и иметь 15 сообщение(ий)):

Gangster Politics - Gangster Politics (1998)
95 mb, 320 kbps
Скрытый текст (вы должны войти под своим логином или зарегистрироваться и иметь 30 сообщение(ий)):

Последний раз редактировалось Romanich; 02.12.2021 в 21:26.
Наверх
Отметили: evgeniy, sparrow, romez, zx14, Pan_zagloba, Mad Beet, Funky Monkey, Punkrocker, LalaRasta, Богдан, 82%
Ответ
Опции темы