Junior /Doo-Wop, Early Motown, Soul and Reggae/

Опции темы
11.05.2006, 04:33   # 1
не3дох
observer
Статус: Offline

Польза: 0

Цитата:
Born in London of Jamaican parentage, Junior first began singing in a local band at the age of 14, encouraged by the sounds of doo-wop, early Motown , soul and reggae. As the years passed, however, the 'hobby' became a full-time musical career, and Junior realised that his talents lay in writing and performing his own music. Initially signing to Phonogram Records, 1982 saw Junior hit the chart heights with the infectious anthem 'Mama Used To Say' which became a Top 10 transatlantic hit, prompting Junior's appearance as the first black British artist on Soul Train and gaining him Billboard's 'Best Newcomer Award'. Junior's second album spawned the US hit 'Communication Breakdown' and whilst travelling throughout the US for promotion Junior teamed up with renowned producer Arif Mardin, who later contributed to Junior's third album which yeilded the R&B charting singles 'Somebody', 'Oh Louise' and 'Not Tonight'. That same year Junior wrote 'Do You Really Want My Love?' for the multi-platinum selling Beverly Cops Soundtrack album subsequently enjoying success as a songwritier with his compositions recorded by artists such as Phyllis Hyman and Sheena Easton. In 1987 Junior had his biggest European hit 'Another Step', a duet with Kim Wilde which reached no. 6 in the UK charts and led to a tour with Wilde including opening for Michael Jackson on his UK dates. Junior has penned tracks for a number of artists, including Maxi Priest, Penny Ford, Amy Stewart, Bern, Nu Colours, Jane Eugene, The Marvellettes and The Trammps.
The Best of Junior

1 - Mama Used to Say [12in]
2 - Too Late [12in]
3 - Somebody [12in]
4 - Oh Louise [7in]
5 - Baby I Want You Back
6 - Let Me Know
7 - I Can't Help It
8 - Unison [12in]
9 - Communication Breakdown
10 - Do You Really Want My Love
11 - Yes (If You Want Me)
12 - Say That You Care [7in]
13 - Not Tonight
14 - Darling You (Don't You Know)

Скрытый текст (вы должны зарегистрироваться или войти под своим логином):
У вас нет прав чтобы видеть скрытый текст, содержащийся здесь.
Наверх
14.10.2007, 04:52   # 2
Кирилл $$
в теме

Польза: 0
plz re-up!
Наверх
14.10.2007, 14:29   # 3
gringo
живет на форуме